Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Front Cruise/Fog Lights

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Front Cruise/Fog Lights

Postby Rdevo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:23 pm

Has anybody fitted or have any information of fitting cruise/fog lamps into the blanks on the bumper of the carry.

I have seen a few carrys with them fitted.

Rdevo

Postby Chills » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:45 pm

They come up on eBay occasionally. Last set came with the official suzuki switch, wiring & instructions. Bidding went up to silly money though so I let it go.

Prob easier to just go to a car shop and buy the correct diameter generic fogs and just fit them yerself, wiring into the existing REAR fog wiring.

This is prob what I'll do...

Chris ~:)
Chills
Point of no return

Foglamps for Carry

Postby alanbirt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:34 pm

Yes, as 'Chills' indicates, the ones which have appeared on eBay over the past two years have been hotly contested and gone for what seem to be very high prices. I don't know what the official Suzuki ones cost new so my remark is purely guess-work but I am sure you would be much better in getting the equivalent from a discount car-assessory shop.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

fog lights

Postby t3rwl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi there

i purchased a set of fog light and fitted then in about 90 mins start to finish.

they were bought from suzuki as a complete kit.

the kit cost £90 approx

they look really good in the bumper

hope this helps
t3rwl
The Welcome Party

Postby keefe » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:01 am

Pictures etc?
:)
keefe
Point of no return

Fog / Spot Lamps for Carry

Postby alanbirt » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 pm

We now have a guide price for new Suzuki Carry fog/spot lamps quoted by "t3rwl" but that does demonstrate something from the local discount car-accessories shop might well be a better bargain. As long as the substitute lamps are of an appropriate size, it would make little difference, I suggest, and few people would know they were not the genuine ones anyway. About 2 years ago, a secondhand set of the official Suzuki fog/spot lamps, which were hotly contested on eBay, went for over £80, I recall. I dropped out of the bidding at £20 !

Does the time scale quoted include the removal and re-fitting of the front bumper [or was that not necessary ?] and the cutting-out of the apertures ? And how were the aperture plates removed - by drilling a series of small holes; use of a jig-saw; or......... ?
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby keefe » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Wonder if these would fit? They are Suzuki but I don't know enough to say that they might fit.

Ebay Item Number 360119153822

Keith :)
keefe
Point of no return

Re: Fog / Spot Lamps for Carry

Postby Chills » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:21 pm

alanbirt wrote:...Does the time scale quoted include the removal and re-fitting of the front bumper [or was that not necessary ?] and the cutting-out of the apertures ? And how were the aperture plates removed - by drilling a series of small holes; use of a jig-saw; or......... ?

Alan - I could well be wrong but it looks like there are 'covers' in the bumpers where the fogs can go. These will presumably just unclip/unscrew so no cutting necessary.

Keith, nice find on eBay... If I remember I'll have a look at my bumper tom'w and can hopefully take some measurements and see how it compares to those other Suzuki fogs that Keiths found on eBay. I wouldn't be suprised if they are a standard size in Suzukis...

Fingers crossed.

Chills
Point of no return

Re: Fog / Spot Lamps for Carry

Postby Chills » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Chills wrote:...Alan - I could well be wrong but it looks like there are 'covers' in the bumpers where the fogs can go. These will presumably just unclip/unscrew so no cutting necessary...

Yep... I WAS completely wrong! :roll: :oops:
They're moulded to look like covers but will have to be cut out indeed.
Very thin plastic though and I quick Dremmel with a cutting disc should leave a nice clean finish.

I didn't want to take the bumper off today cos its drizzling here in 'sunny' Bristol but will have it off soon to remove my bolt-on fogs. I'll check then for size and mounting options...

Chills
Point of no return

Postby Carry - 2001 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Hmm, strange when we took the bumpers off ours they had fill in plastic circles - with 3 screws holding them in place.

I had pondered about putting lights in, but having seen the 3 screws felt I's have to get exactly the right ones - anything less would be a mission.
His - Suzuki Carry 2000
Hers - Suzuki Carry 2001
- both dual fuel LPG
Carry - 2001
Point of no return

Postby Chills » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Really? :shock: I must be goind mad in me old age...
Will check again properly - will need to take the bumper off...

You say THREE screws...
So they didn't mount in the same way as these on eBay?

Chills
Point of no return

Postby Carry - 2001 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Well my bumper is sitting in my Mum's conservatory so will have a look later.

I seem to remember them being in an unequal triangle pattern.

I really ought to sort out how to post photos on here!

Taking the bumpers off is super easy on these vans though....
His - Suzuki Carry 2000
Hers - Suzuki Carry 2001
- both dual fuel LPG
Carry - 2001
Point of no return

Postby Carry - 2001 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Right, yes (and no)

The bolt / screw frame things are in a triangle. two at the bottom, one at the top and it is an unequal triangle 'isosceles' - I knew there was a name for it...should have paid more attention 15 years ago!

and sorry Chills, you are right, it is part of the moulding and would require a dremmel or similar.

HTH
His - Suzuki Carry 2000
Hers - Suzuki Carry 2001
- both dual fuel LPG
Carry - 2001
Point of no return

Postby keefe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Will this help with the picture posting?

Try this for your pictures.

Here's the way to do it:-

1. Click on this link to go to photobucket and register for a free account, give a simple name and password. http://photobucket.com/

2. Read through the how to use bits. Its really as simple as creating folders in it to store different groups of images, as you do in explorer.

3. Create a folder on your PC to put images in that you want to upload and copy images them into it. Whilst in Explorer rightclick on the images and select the image resize option, resize your images to 640x480, this will also reduce their file size to make uploading faster. If you don't have the resize option showing click on the link below to get it free from microsoft, plus any others you want to use. It will be on the right-hand side list, near the bottom:- http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

4. In the Photobucket website use the browse button to locate the folder and images you want to upload, you can upload several at one go. NB: If you have the ability to use tabs on your internet browser, such as in IE7 or Firefox, its even easier, by opening suzuki4u.co.uk in one and Photobucket in another.

5. You can also upload videoclips with a maximum length of 5 mins and 100MB file size. The Photobucket site will automatically reformat and compress them for viewing.

6. At the bottom of the images you will see three lines of information the bottom is the image location, which encloses the file name within [img]and[/img] markers. You just need to copy that line and past it onto your post

7. The middle line of information is the URL location for the image. If you copy that into you post it will redirect people to see the image without showing it on you actual post, suitable for displaying very large images.

8. If you want to show an image on your post from another website, rightclick the image and select copy image location. then past that into you post and block it. Then either click on the Img or URL button on your edit page and it will put the markers on the image as required.

9. Use the preview button to see what the image looks like before submitting it.

10. Sit back and have a cuppa, whilst admiring your work.

Hope that helps.

keefe
keefe
Point of no return

Front Fog / Driving Lamps

Postby WarblingOtter » Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 am

I am new to this forum, joined today, and recently purchased a 2002 Carrry Van as a project. I am over 60 and play in a 60/70's group and the van is perfect for moving the gear we have from gig to gig. I am in the process of doing a full make over on the van and whilst having the bumpers sprayed the same colour as the rest of the van(white of course) I asked the bodyshop to cut out the front fog light sections and I have now fitted 'RING ANGEL EYES' driving lamps and changed the supplied bulbs for Phillips Blue Vision H3 bulbs. I bought the lamps at Halfords but they can be obtained cheaper on the Internet if you shop around. A sample link to the RING ANGEL EYES driving lamps that I purchased can be found here...]http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/product_info.php?products_id=20551 They are a perfect fit and can be easily attached to the bodywork of the van by using the supplied slide adjusting bracket. Once I have finished ply lining, flotex paneling the inside, fitting reversing sensors, T cuttting the complete bodywork and fishing with alloys I will post a picture.
All the best, Bob

CARRYing on regardless
WarblingOtter

Next

Return to Suzuki Carry Van