Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Re: Suzuki Carry - Petrol Consumption

Postby cap43 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Postby cap43 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:04 am

SUZUKI CARRY 1.3 55 PLATE , FUEL,
over the past few months basic gentile / hard/ m way,

Town areas only = 35 mpg Gentile.
M way = 38 5 mpg, steady 55 / 60 ish mph,
50-50 town & A road = 36 mpg, A road 20 mile round trips .
A & B roads = 32 mpg, no long trips,
A & B roads = 28 mpg, driving like I had to be some place soon,

Average = 34 mpg over 1,535 miles,

I will get, plugs, air filter oil/oil filter and see if there is a difference,

I did it Alan, :D :) :D :) an I didn't screw it up, now correct as at going to press :D :lol:
cap43
Point of no return

Postby alanbirt » Sat May 30, 2015 9:20 am

I have just returned from Ireland after another enjoyable tour with my Carry campervan. Whilst I did not keep such a detailed record of my mileage and petrol consumption as I did with the Scottish tour reported on this thread last August, nonetheless I did get 9¾ to 10¼ miles per litre which again gives a petrol consumption of about 45 miles per gallon. The tour was just over 1,300 miles.

As I reside in a rural Suffolk village, one disadvantage in making a trip to Ireland is that I have to travel all the way west across England and then across Wales to Holyhead, a journey of 295 miles before arriving at the ferry-port for Ireland. So almost 600 miles of my journey to and from were not in the 'Emerald Isle' !

I stayed overnight at a parking place adjacent to the A5 in north Wales on the journey out and joined the 11-50am 'fast' ferry to Dublin. Coming back I caught the early 'fast' ferry from Dublin at 8-45am and so travelled back to my cottage the same day but with several stops for refreshment and rest - Shrewsbury; Tamworth; and Kettering. What a convenience it is to use the bunk in my campervan for a ½-hour 'nap' ! I had supper in a "Little Chef" on the A14.

My tours in Ireland are always enjoyable and intend to go again in a few months' time. I hope to travel along 'The Wild Atlantic Way'¶, some 2500 km (about 1500 miles) in length, and often claimed to be the longest defined coastal route in Europe. This spectacular route starts at Kinsale, in County Cork, eventually reaching the Inishowen Peninsula in the extreme north of Ireland. Most of the settlements along this road are just tiny villages or hamlets and are few-and-far-between. The itinerary does travel through 'the wild country' ! This route was publicised some weeks ago in advertisements by the Continental tyre-company on the "Classic-fm" radio station.

¶ For further details see:-

http://www.thewildatlanticway.com/

and a map at:-

http://d5qsyj6vaeh11.cloudfront.net/fil ... mplete.pdf
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby alanbirt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

Besides shorter excursions over a few days, so far this summer I have made three lengthy trips in my campervan: once to Ireland, once to Shetland via the ferry from Aberdeen, and I'm just back from a tour of the Scottish Highlands. For this last journey I did keep a log of petrol and distances.

I travelled into Scotland via Carlisle and up the west coast, returning down the east coast and home via the A1 road. The total distance travelled from home and back was 1,685 miles and I used 167.86 litres of fuel (about £200) . To get an accurate petrol record I always filled to the brim. This shows a petrol consumption of 10.04 miles for each litre, or just slightly over 45 miles per gallon. I am well-pleased with the fuel economy of my Carry campervan.
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby IanL » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:46 pm

Considering that I get only 40mpg from my 660cc two-seater Cappuccino, your 45mpg is very impressive. You must have a very light foot :D
IanL
Awesome

Postby alanbirt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 am

[quote="IanL"] You must have a very light foot [/quote]

Yes, now that I am in my 'dotage' I don't go in for hard or rapid acceleration and usually cruise, even on motorways, at 50/55 mph. However, I guess that on Jersey it is rare to make a journey during which it is possible to cruise at an economical, steady, speed apart from the coastal stretch from St Helier to St Lawrence but even that is only about two miles long.
alanbirt
Awesome

Postby IanL » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am

You got that right :D
IanL
Awesome

Previous