Suzuki Forum

Suzuki For You

Exclusive Low Rates on Car Finance. Buy your car from any dealer. Apply with Carfinance247.

Cost of road Tax

and other Light commercial Vehicle discussion forum

Moderators: ClubCappo, wade

Cost of road Tax

Postby Headwind » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:25 am

Hi, how much are you guys paying for 6 months road tax. I have just paid £126.50 for my carry registered in 2003.
According to Co2 emmisions I should be paying less I think. Just went to DVLA website and entered my V5 details and the computers coming back with £133, so somewhere my wires (or someone elses) are crossed. How much is 6 months tax for a 1.3 carry van ? The rules changed after 1st April apparently and no this is not a wind up. Thanks
Headwind
The Welcome Party

Re: Cost of road Tax

Postby ladypenelope » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Headwind wrote:Hi, how much are you guys paying for 6 months road tax. I have just paid £126.50 for my carry registered in 2003.
According to Co2 emmisions I should be paying less I think. Just went to DVLA website and entered my V5 details and the computers coming back with £133, so somewhere my wires (or someone elses) are crossed. How much is 6 months tax for a 1.3 carry van ? The rules changed after 1st April apparently and no this is not a wind up. Thanks

The rules that came in to force in April are for new registrations for cars first rego'd from then.I believe the year two tax level is the one to watch for; for example Suzuki are in some cases throwing in 3 years fund on some. I sometimes wonder if it was an April fool's day ploy by the government.
I went to a lot of trouble to get my Celerio registered before then to take advantage of the zero road fund. I pay the sort of half rate for pre 2001 motors on my Junior (£140 year) and the full pre 2001 rate of nearly £300 for my Pajero. Next door to me got a used one year old Focus and he pays £20 year so no wonder the government felt stung. Still, they wanted to encourage us to buy economical motors just like they wanted us to buy diesel back in the day. Then - just like what will happen over dropping the tax disc - they realise they made a boo boo and so get the tax hammer out.
ladypenelope
Addicted

Re: Cost of road Tax

Postby alanbirt » Mon May 01, 2017 2:53 pm

[quote="Headwind"]Hi, how much are you guys paying for 6 months road tax. I have just paid £126.50 for my carry registered in 2003. [/quote]

I've just paid £132 road-tax for my Carry campervan (55-reg) from today until 31st October. However, I shall declare SORN on Sep 30th and reclaim one month of the tax. I suppose the reason why I've paid a little more than "Headwind" is that we are in a new Treasury tax-year.
Sqn Ldr Alan Birt [War-Disabled ex-Serviceman]
Owner of two Suzukis: a Celerio [16 reg]
and a Carry campervan [55 reg]; formerly
the owner of a Wagon R+ [52 reg]
alanbirt
Awesome

Return to Suzuki Carry Van